Plans and performs preventive maintenance and emergency repairs on plumbing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities * Maintains and repairs general plumbing components to include toilets, urinals, faucets, hose bibs, and drains.
- Installs, repairs, or replaces domestic hot and cold water lines.
- Repairs and replaces steam to hot water exchangers for major building heating systems and pools.
- Repairs and replaces pneumatic steam valves, radiator valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes.
- Repairs and replaces domestic hot water heat pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, and sewage pumps.
- Installs, tests, and repairs all sizes of backflow prevention devices.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts and repairs steam, water, and gas distribution systems.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Provides sketches and dimensions used by drafters to create plans for subcontractor work.
- Researches catalogs and vendor services for complex and/or customized system retrofits.
- Interprets and applies mechanical and structural blueprints to plan plumbing repairs and modifications.
- In coordination with management, assigns to and tracks corrective and preventive maintenance tasks given to subordinate plumbers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Possession of a current New Mexico Journeyman Plumber/Gas Fitter (JPG) License.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Plumbing installation, maintenance, and repair skills.
- Knowledge of steam, water, and natural gas distribution systems maintenance and repair.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lead others in troubleshooting and emergency repairs.
- Ability to develop and implement planned maintenance programs.
- Ability to read, understand, and follows safety procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)