For managed properties uncomfortable conditions in tenant common areas are unacceptable. CSNA received a call that the HVAC system for the hallways and lobby areas for this 30 story high-rise was out of service. Recognizing the need we dispatched a technician to the location that same day.
After inspecting and testing the RTU, our technician observed that two of the four compressors were shutting down from overheating. Furthermore freon was not flowing through the unit correctly creating an additional heat source. Based on these observations our solution included: